With the opening up of the skies and the increase in investments in airports, opportunities should be increasing. This might be the case in pockets within India but airlines have been hit by the recession and not many are hiring. Also, few are paying as much as they used to and standards have fallen.
As a cabin crew member of an international airline puts it: “It is a profession that brings out the best in you if you are enterprising enough. It’s not easy dealing with all kinds of people when you are in uniform but that’s when you acquire your skills.”
If you are a person who would like to travel, meet people from different cultures and learn & grow along with the experience, then a career in the airline industry might be for you.
One can have a successful career in aviation with:
- Good communication skills
- Patience – a must for anyone who wants to be good at customer service
- Ability to work in different time zones and shifts
- Like to travel
- Ability to handle pressure
- Knowledge of multiple languages (can be an advantage)
Continuous training and working under pressure are a part and parcel of these careers.